Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More purple...

I don't usually grab for purple (although I do like the color) and this is the second card in a week that is "focally" purple.


Here are the challenges that go with it:

  • The sketch is the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Friday Sketch (I think that's the right title.....click the link! LOL)
  • 365 Cards asked for a card from ONE manufacturer. This one is all Close to My Heart. The only thing that isn't CTMH was the adhesive! LOL But please don't drool on the papers - they were a special offering and are no longer available - sorry!
  • Flourishes Timless Tuesday asked for a SQUARE card. This one is 5.5" x 5.5"
  • Last, but certainly not least, we had a Do-It-Yourself Scrapbooking Weekend over at Apron Strings Designs this weekend and we were asked for Cut-Outs. The flower was cut out of patterned paper. Now, I always boast about the ASD Scrapbooking kits, but did you know they also have Card Kits? You should go check them out!
  • *ETA* - I am going to throw this one (not pun intended) into the Color Throwdown as well! Their challenge, which is Lavender Lace, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant, probably came out 6 hours after I completed this card and I am not sure I will get to do this color challenge again and it happens to be the PERFECT colors - I must have been clairvoyant on this one!

And that will do it for this card...might have one more before the end of the night!


10 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fab card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome! What a cool flower! Thanks for clairvoyantly playing the Throwdown! LOL

LeAnne said...

Yeah, if you are clairvoyant, can you tell me if my daughter will ever get married?! LOL! Love this card, it really makes a big, bold statement!!! Thanks for playing, Vickilyn!

Gloria Stengel said...

Girl, you sure hit a home run this time! WOW! All those challenges in ONE card! Love it!

Tracy said...

Really great card. Love it!

Leonie said...

So soft & pretty

dpkennedy said...

Wow, this is lovely! The way you combined the challenges is awesome! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome take on all the challenges - Vicki!!! Love how your square card turned out - it's super beautiful!!!!

Thank you for including the
FTTC :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Broni said...

So pretty! I'm glad I could accommodate you with the colors!! Thanks for playing!

Barbara said...

WTG on all the challenges. What a great card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!