Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Genie Bag - Project Tuesday

Okay - I lied - sue me! I said I wouldn't be back tonight, but here I am! LOL

All of a sudden I was hit with an idea, so I had to go with it!! Here's my Project Tuesday Genie Bag. I had actually seen the tutorial for this before, but hadn't actually made one. I love how it came out!!

This is the front of the bag and actually follows AmyR's Friday Sketch #66. I loved this sketch and knew I wanted to try it, why not on the genie bag! You know me - I love to combine challenges!


Now in the tutorial, it was specific about decorating the back, so here it is!! That little owl has his eyes closed and looks like he was sleeping. I was going to use him on the front, but because of his dark color, he didn't show well against the chocolate brown circles, but on the back - where it was just him - I was able to put him on the lighter craft circle.


The sentiment is Kim Hughes, the paper KI Memories (it has a beautiful shimmer to it that the photos just don't pick up) and the buttons are from the stash. I didn't over-do on the embellishments for this one because based on the colors, etc., I am thinking it would be perfect for a guy - and we all know how hard the guy projects are.

I am loving Project Tuesday - if you visit my blog often enough you know 3-D items are a favorite of mine, so Project Tuesday has very quickly become a favorite of mine!

Okay - that is definitely it for tonight!

7 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Awww Vicki this is SO sweet, I just LOVE your genie bag! The design is precious and I just LOVE the paper! Great job on your bag!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday, Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

OMG...this is too stinkin' cute! i absolutely love owls...and these are just too precious!

awesome job!

Lana Clarke said...

This is so gorgeous Vicki. Your stuff is amazing
Hugs
Lana x

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

So adorable. Those owls are so cute! Great job!

Denise said...

Your owls are 2 cute! Love your card!

Lou Sims said...

WOW this if fab. What a great idea and love how you have decorated both the front & back of your bag.

Hope you are well?

Lou
x

Laurel said...

Adorable card!