Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's All Black & White

I had actually started this card for the Black & White challenge over at If The Shoe Fits, but it wasn't working for me so I put it aside and did something else, but this white vase and flowers kept calling to me! So I worked on it and came up with this....



I also found some beautiful soap (and since soap is what I do for a living - I know soap! LOL) in the Etsy Inspired Challenge over at Heart Hugs. This week's shop is SunBasilGarden. Here's my inspirational piece:



And last, but certainly not least, in my challenge search, I found Ann's Creative Nook was also doing a black and white challenge. I did read the challenge correctly, however when I started to working, my brain obviously ignored the fact that she stated another color could be used. I am going to link it up for her to see anyway, but I am not totally in compliance with the challenge. I will obviously have to follow directions better next time! In my defense - her title does say "It's All Black & White" LOL

Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok this is just stunning! i totally am getting my inspiration back...have been just dumbfounded since seeing my man....i NEED to create something!

Anonymous said...

oh I like it! it is very elegant!

-- dalis

BTW. Culver's was really really good.. the flavor of the day "Smores"...

Ann said...

Vicki this is just adorable!! I love how you made your card and the white vase and flowers are so elegant!! Thanks for playing in my challenge this wee and I hope to see you again!!

de said...

Perfect Vickiln! I LOVE what you came up with and how fitting it is for the challenge and that awesome soap! Thanks for playing along again this week!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Great Etsy Inspired card! Thanks for playing! :)