Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Halloween ~


Or maybe not! LOL If you read my blog on any kind of regular basis, you know that I subscribe to Aprong Strings Designs as my club kit ~ and I LOVE their kits!! Anyway, this particular layout is for two different Apron Strings challenges.


First, it is Sizzing Summer Challenge #4. This was to use holiday papers on a non-holiday photo. The picture is my daughter and two of her friends doing a "spa day". Thought it was perfect for the Halloween papers I used which came from my Smaller Than a Bread Box October, 2007 kit. (http://www.apronstringsdesigns.com/). So, as points go for the challenge, I would get 10 points for the layout and 10 points for using and ASD kit!


Second, each month they have Sketch challenges. Layout, based on a sketch, followed by a card made from the scraps of the layout, which is then followed by a layout Altering the original sketch!! LOTS of fun ~ challenging too! So I used this for my Altered sketch. I kept the basic layout the same, grabbed some of the circles, but not all! LOVE the way it came out!! I really love challenges as they push me out of my comfort zone, and I think we all need a little push from time to time!!


Be sure to come back tomorrow as I start the sneak peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps!


As always, thanks for visiting!!!




No comments: