Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Challenge for SAY IT IN SCRAP





I was on the Pub Calls website the other day, and I found this blog called Say It In Scrap. They had a challenge - I know - just the word gives me goosebumps and sends me running for paper and brads! LOL

Anyway, here was the challenge:

Challenge #5 is to create a layout with something you haven't seen before. Something Say It worthy. Is it an emotion you've never seen portrayed in a layout before? Maybe it's a subject you haven't seen before. Perhaps it's an emotion or a subject you've seen, but you just haven't yet ventured out to scrap it yet. Or maybe it's something you've seen and thought to yourself, I could so do that better.

I recently started an altered deck of cards, and although the challenge says layout, this is what I am submitting as my entry. I feel the cards are personal to me and together they make up a little scrapbook of their own.
For this particular challenge I am going to use several of the cards, but I will be showing the others soon as well. (you'll probably see more tomorrow!)
I can't give you a lot of details on these, as most of the papers were in my stash -
Here's what I can tell you:
Lost Chances - alphabet is QK Olivia, ribbon is Heidi Swapp - this is about not taking a chance when it's available and then having to learn a HARD lesson from it.
Cranky - alphabet is QK Blossom, dandelion is a Cuttlebug 3x3 die - we all get cranky whether we want to admit it or not
No Reins - alphabet is QK Zoe, flourishes are QK revolution - No Reins is a song by Rascal Flatts - it's about leaving a relationship and being better for it, about re-finding yourself.
Failure - alphabet is QK Lemonade, tab is QK revolution. The note on the tab (I don't think you can read it) says "Learn From It". I think this one is relatively obvious - learn from the mistakes you make. Don't keep repeating them.
As these are the more serious/meaningful ones, they aren't as decorated and happy as the others! Tomorrow I will show you the "FUN" ones...
And I don't know what's going on with the spacing, because it doesn't look like this in my preview!

As always, thanks for visiting!!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like that you didn't stick to the layout. Say It is a way of expressing yourself in any form of art, so your cards are a perfect way of showing that there are plenty of ways to express yourself. Great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing!

Beverley Todd said...

Great cards! Love the title of your blog too. & for what it's worth, my blog never looks the way it did in preview! LOL

Kristi said...

Great take on the challenge, fo sho! I want to see when you get it all finished how it looks together. Glad you stopped by and joined us!