Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Sketch & Some Inspiration...

It's Thursday and to me, that means a couple of things!

First - Stamps & Smiles Weekly Sketch Challenge by the Fresh Batch. Today Mercy had a very cute sketch to work with, but with my mojo not running quite right, I was stumped! (I hate that!) And then...although still not quite up to par on the Mojo, I decided to combine it with this week's Project Tuesday challenge, which is an Oragami Box - very very simple! It's really just a square sheet of paper with a couple of folds - if you have never played with us at Project Tuesday, this would be a GREAT one to try! Anyway - I digress!

So I combined my two Stamps & Smiles challenges and came up with this cute little box! Unfortunately, there's not to much stamping going on and I didn't get overly frilly with it (I wanted it to travel well). I think it came out pretty well, but I do think it might be missing something. (if you can think of something, let me know and I would be more than happy to adjust!)






The second thing Thursday means to me is SCRAPSCHEMES!!!

ScrapShemes is a an every other Thursday Inspirational Challenge.



Here's the layout I did for the challenge. It was done using an Apron Strings Design kit! I thought it went well with the inspiration - which you can find HERE!

So go check out Stamps & Smiles Sketch, Project Tuesday & ScrapSchemes!!! They're all TONS OF FUN and have their challenges going on now!!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Super, super job!!!!!!!

Moni said...

So gorgeous box and scrap page! hugs, moni

Shari said...

Great Box! Hey if you guys ever need another Dt Spot for project Tuesday....Remember me :)

Unknown said...

Great box Vicki! Cool idea to combine the two challenges.
I think your box is perfect as is. Anything added would make less 'travellable'. (Is that a word)? LOL
Viv xx