Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Sunday, June 28, 2009

PILE IT ON! - Challenge #4 - BUTTON UP!

This week the new challenge for PILE IT ON is....

USE FOUR OR MORE BUTTONS in your project...and as usual - AT LEAST one other challenge!


Challenges:
  • Pile It On! - Button it up!
  • Stamps and Smiles Tuesday Sketch - since I turned the sketch into a layout - this is obviously a VERY loose interpretation, but I just wanted to show you how versatile sketches are and that even if it doesn't look exactly like the sketch, it was inspirational!
  • 365 Cards - Day 118 - You've Been Framed - now I might be cheating on this one because as we all know that 365 is about cards and this is a layout, but.....who cares? lol (My friend Gloria cheats on her 365 challenges all the time, so.....LOL - she's going to love reading that!!!)
  • Charisma Cardz stated to create ANYTHING you wanted this week, no theme, no restrictions, so....here's mine!
  • Scrap, Inspire, Create asked us to celebrate PARENTHOOD. The funny story behind this layout is that my daughter and her boyfriend Jimmy were gathering all the kids - mine and Jimmy's mother's to go have pictures taken for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, they had a bank account issue and were unable to have them taken. Since they were pretty much dressed and ready to go, I grabbed my camera and did the photos myself!! These are the three separate photos I took of each of my three children.
  • Use It - I am going to claim this one! They asked for something inspired by nature - which would be the flowers, polka dots - which I have, favorite embellishment - I have used several different "embellishments" and to mail it to someone special (I am just wondering if email counts here??)
There's one more thing I have to tell you about my creation today - which could break many rules for some challenge blogs - It's DIGITAL! I have been playing in the digital world and LOVING IT!!! I have always been a scrapbooker and if you had told me a year ago that I would be make 5-10 cards every week instead of scrapbook pages, I would have told you that you were LOONEY! But here I am, making card after card (except this week - I was a very bad, lazy crafter! LOL) and NOT pages to go into my albums! Well, I had been thinking of trying digital for quite a while and since I had a program on my computer, I thought - HECK, why not?? So I started into the digital world!

So be on the look out for more digital and non-digital creations - and ANNOUNCEMENTS!


10 comments:

raindropecho said...

This is fantastic Vickilyn! You're a wonderful photographer and those smiles are to die for. I've left a blog award for you over at my blog here. Please accept it :D

Lesley said...

Love it Vicki!!! Love the layout and the adorable pics!!

I must start scrapbookin!! Congrats on your awards and the new DT news!! WOWZA!!

Lesley :)

Unknown said...

AMAZZZZZING creation Vickilyn!!! Fabulous take on this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

Kay said...

Fabulous layout! Your digital work is amazing!! I'm so impressed. These photos are adorable, too!!!!
♥♥ Kay

Sally said...

Fantastic layout. Great subjects to scrap too. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.

Jasmin B said...

Great digi work, Vickilyn! Thanks so much for playing with us at Scrap Inspire Create!
Such precious pics I must say!

~ Jasmin ~

yyam said...

Love the pics and the many challenges you've managed to roll into one!

Thanks for joining us at Scrap Inspire Create!

Unknown said...

Fab layout & love the colours you've used, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Joanne said...

Great job and what a beautiful family!

Yatie Tajudin said...

Love that LO, Vicki. Thanks for playing along with SIC.