Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Transformers and cupcakes!


It's an odd combination, I know!! My little boy Devin, loves the transformers - so obviously he's "my own little transformer" and the sketch came from Beatrix and is this week's challenge on Friday Sketchers! What I noticed about this sketch was it wasn't done in the normal black/white/grey/with a pop of color way that most people use to show their sketches - the sketch was almost as pretty as a scrapbook page itself! And very frilly! I think I did a good job sticking to the sketch, even got some scallops in, but had to keep clean lines for my little boy! Enough talk about it - here it is, I hope you like it!

Next, I have this cute little cupcake card. I have finally been able to complete a challenge for Taylor over at Taylored Expressions. For those of you who don't know, Friday is Cupcake Day over at Taylored Expressions.
I am not sure how large her card is, but mine is a little bitty 3x3. Purple base paper and green scalloped square are both CTMH textured cardstock, striped paper is from the CTMH Paper Garden Paper pack. I picked up the cupcake stamp at my local A.C.Moore. I am not sure who it's by but if you want to know, I will check and drop you a line (or even repost back here once I look). So without making you wait any longer...here it is!

And I think I am getting better with the pictures! If anybody has any tips, PLEASE I BEG YOU - spare everybody else from lousy pictures (and yourself too) and pass them on to me!! I would LOVE to get better photos on here and I can use all the help I can get!
Thanks for stopping by!
Seize the Daisies~
Vicki


7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow they are fabulous. Lovely page and card. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in FS challenge. Carole :~)

Michelle said...

Cute card! I'm pretty sure your Hey Cupcake stamp is by A Muse Artstamps! I have one just like it and used it in last weeks cupcake challenge! : )

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

How great that you used a photo for the challenge!! It looks really great. Thanks for joining in!

Taylor said...

Very cute little card! Would be perfect attached to a birthday gift bag! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Richelle said...

Great card! love the cupcake image.

Unknown said...

your card is really wonderful and so adorable.
thank you for your participation to my skecht at friday sketchers.