Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Friday, November 20, 2009

Storybook Anybody??

Yes - with MOSD products you can make your own storybook! Well, that and in this case, a little help from my friends in the digital world! I will tell you it was VERY EASY.

I used Lorie Davison's A VERY BUSY DAY CHILDREN'S BOOK kit. This is a story written by Stephanie Ralla Salanova and uses Lorie's Digital Graphics. It's actually a kit of Quick Pages. This really means that 90% of the work is done for you! The words are separate...you add the words and your photos to the pages and you have a customized, personalized story book that your child will treasure for a LONG time!

So here we go...

I have used the MOSD 8x8 Acrylic Covers and Chipboard Pages. This will give the book both protection and stability. I joined the pages and covers with "C" Rings (which can be found at your local office supply store) and decorated with ribbons.

These are a few of the pages you will be able to create using this kit - again, they are Quick Pages. Just drag the words (which are also available in a French version) onto your page and add your own photos!

I did, however, create my own back cover using Lorie's DON'T EAT THE WORMS preview kit. I believe this was a freebie on the Scrapbook Graphics Studio Matters blog. Because I didn't use the title page included in the kit - my back cover would have been blank chipboard. So instead, I created a back cover using Don't Eat the Worms and personalized it for my son with the all the credits as well as a dedication at the bottom.

I hope you enjoy these story books and make one of your own! Obviously you can grab a kit like I did, or you can scrap it with paper in your own way, with your own story! Or even tell your child THEIR story - whatever it may be.

Again, I used the 8x8 Coverset and chipboard pages, however, I also printed out several of these pages at 6x6 in size and they were still easy to read - so if you prefer a 6x6 version, MOSD does also offer you the 6x6 option. If you are not doing it with a premade digital kit like I did, any size MOSD album would work to tell your child a story!

No comments: