Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Sunday, January 4, 2009

12 Days of Christmas - #5 & #7


The 12 Days of Christmas are still going strong over at Apron Strings Designs! Today I am skipping and showing you the challenges for Day #5 and Day #7. Why, you may ask? Well, over at All That Scraps, their DT put out a challenge to use snowflakes, which I happen to love! So since their challenges go from Wednesday to Tuesday, I figured I should get this one posted so I get it in in time! (If I remember to link it of course! LOL)
So anyway, these were made using the January, 2008 kit. (yes - last year's kit). Challenge #5 was to use 5 circles - of course I am not a big fan of circles, but a challenge is a challenge!
Challenge #7 was to make a layout using three colors, one of which had to be white - white, green, blue!
Love the way this came out. You can't tell from the photograph but all the snowflakes were made from Doodlebug sugar coated white cardstock. One of the snowflakes is a QK die, which can be purchased from CropStop.com and the other is a punch by EK Success I believe. The letters are made from the QK Chemistry alphabet.
These are pictures of Gillette Stadium (home of the New England Patriots) from December 21st. The day was horribly cold and obviously snowed. We work at Gillette as a fundraiser for my daughter who is a Varsity Cheerleader at her high school. We get there before anybody else, so I promised myself I would get pictures of the stadium empty. It's quite a site and I don't think many people get to see it.

Thanks for visiting...and challenge #4 is already loaded to post tomorrow, so be sure to come back to see it....it's to use a BIRD on a layout...it's cute!


No comments: