Paper Hugs and Die Cut Dreams

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

word.picture, Scrap Schemes & Libby's Closet



A DOUBLE TWO-FER!! I love it when I can do that!

First - the Layout - For the September challenge over at word.pictures - they give you a set of instructions to follow to make your layout - this was the BEST!! I will be going back in their archives to check out earlier ones! The layout is made using one part of my Apron Strings Designs kit - which was perfect for this Instruction Challenge.

Second - the card - Libby's Little Addiction - Courtney's Closet. Little Courtney is wearing a cute pink and brown outfit with cupcakes on it!! I just grabbed the pink and brown and went with it! Got the little frill of ribbon on the edge and called it good! :) You should also note that there is a transparent portion above the ribbon. My thought process on this is to stamp a sentiment there - when I decide to go ahead and use the card!
**EDITED TO ADD - I totally forgot that the card is based on a sketch for CPS! So I think it makes the card a three-fer and the layout is still a two-fer!!

Third - I just recently found a relatively new challenge blog called ScrapSchemes and this is scheme #6! The challenge is to use polka dots.
  • So for the card, there are polka dots on my paper, and I stamped the polkadots onto the cardstock using my Unity Stamps Distressed Dots background stamp.

  • On the layout, not only are their polka dots on the large square patterned paper but there are polke dots on several of the stars as well!!
As always - thanks for visiting!!!






CARD
  • CTMH Hollyhock Cardstock, flowers & chocolate ink
  • Background stamp - Unity
  • Patterned paper - stash
  • Ribbon - Apron Strings Design Kit
  • Brads - Doodlebug Sugarcoated

LAYOUT

  • Ink - Chocolate Roan Colorbox Chalk ink
  • Stamp - CTMH
  • All else - Apron Strings Designs kit

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Vicki! Love your take on the word.pictures challenge!!! TFS the Scrap Schemes blog - I've added it to my favourites. It is great to get inspiration from challenge blogs. I've been scrapping for about 6 years and thought I'd lost my mojo, but the blogs helped to get me going again! Have a GREAT day! B-) Sami

Enfys said...

Love it, great take on the challenge. And I just love your little bird blinkie think hopping around your signature. Need to get me a buggy one :)

Kathryn said...

Fabulous work -- Your layout and cards are fantastic! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Super cute! I don't know if you intended it, but those circles look like cupcake tops to me! Yummy! :-) Thanks for playing Vicki!

Linda Beeson said...

I really like what you did with the CPS sketch! Great colors.